Meet The Characters:
Hi! My name’s Cameo! I like having fun and eating word flies. I’m also a great dancer.
Hello! I’m Panda! I enjoy learning new things and going on adventures. I love to hug!
Hey! We live in SquareLand. We love playing word games, especially with new people who come to visit us. Our spokesperson, Great Nano, is pink in color.
Our One-Of-A-Kind Reading App
To support your pre-readers as they move from reading with assistance to reading independently, we've come up with a new unique offering - SquareTales! Using a curriculum that directly follows Square Panda's phonics curriculum, SquareTales introduces letters in small groups according to their usefulness for teaching reading and spelling. We’re teaching them to read using technology, so they can read a physical book!
The SquareTales system includes:
- In-app DIGITAL books
- Printable PDF books to turn into your own physical books
- Nursery Rhymes.
- Activities to download and practice with.
- Letter songs, and more.
Skills We Support
- Knowledge of letter sounds
- Word decoding
- Reading family words & common spelling patterns
- Left to right orientation
- Building vocabulary
- High-frequency sight words
- Independent reading
- Developing an early reading habit
- Phonological/Phonemic Awareness
- Onset/Rime pairs
- Manipulation of initial sounds
- Manipulation of medial sounds
- Manipulation of ending sounds
- Print Concepts
- Letter Recognition (uppercase)
- Letter Recognition (lowercase)
- Letter names
- Phonics Decoding
- Alphabet Knowledge
- Guided word building (CVC words)
- Sequenced Spelling
- Letter identification
- Phonemic sounds
- Word construction
- Word families
- Word onsets
- Left to right
- Lower case letters
- Print concepts
- Single word comprehension
Why Play Educational Games Online:
To Have Fun:
Each game is completely unique, raising the child's enjoyment while encouraging them to explore.
To Guide Your Child Towards Fun (& Indirect Learning):
They think they are playing, but they are actually learning.
To Develop Reading-Readiness Skills:
Each game, especially SquareTales, builds children's foundational reading skills, and turns them into confident readers and learners.
To Increase Digital Knowledge, In A Supervised Medium:
Kids acquire digital skills while learning in a completely safe and ad-free environment.
*Square Panda follows the AAP's guidelines about the right time to introduce screens to kids, after the age of 2